- Discussed HiCap issues with Jen, Jack and Becky
- As just HiCap Council we continued meeting:
- Should we get nametags?
- Discussion and approval of new bylaws
- Change number on council to “At least 12”
- In-school representatives will try to gather a committee comprised of members from each school in their group
- Under TERM – take out second sentence about even/odd years
- Add note about confirming ongoing reps are eligible and interested in continuing each year or put office up for election
- Stacy moved, Angie Y seconded, Unanimous vote to enact the new bylaws.
Have you received your HiCap testing results and are unsure why your child was not accepted into the program? You have the right to appeal the decision. You can find the appeal form here. Appeals are due to the district offices by May 26, 2017 before 4:00pm.
EAP and AAP Placement letters will be going out to parents and students in the next couple of weeks. Look for those in your mail. However, for students who will attend Middle School next year, your letter may not arrive before parent preview nights happen at the Middle School in which your child may be placed. We suggest you attend the parent info night for your likely Middle School just in case your child is offered placement there.
Parent Preview nights and student visit days will be on the following days:
Parents of 5th graders: May 3rd, 6:30-7:30 pm
Parents of 6th graders: May 10th, 6:30-7:30 pm
5th grade students: June 1st, 9:30-10:30 am
6th grade students: June 2nd, 9:30-10:30 am
Canyon Park MS:
Parents of 5th graders: June 5th, 6:30-8:00 pm
Parents of 6th graders: June 6th, 6:30-8:00 pm
Both 5th and 6th grade students from SV: June 5th, 9:40am – 11:20am
Both 5th and 6th grade students from BC: June 6th, 9:40am – 11:20am
Parents of 5th graders: May 24th at 7:00 pm
Parents of 6th graders: May 17th at 7:00 pm
Both 5th and 6th grade AAP students: May 23rd, 9:45-11:15am
EAP Open House day for all EAP schools (Bear Creek, Sunrise, Lockwood) will be held at the EAP school on a date TBD.
Contact the school for time and other details for these open houses.
The Parent and Student Panels “What’s EAP/AAP Really Like?” will be held in the Leota Jr. High Theater
AAP parent & student panel – Monday May 15, 7pm Leota Jr. High Theater
EAP parent panel – Wednesday May 17, 7pm Leota Jr. High Theater