Meeting of the HiCap Parent Advisory Council – Minutes taken by Angie H-P
- Financial update – we have money in the district’s account and need to fill out the district’s reimbursement form, get the expense approved by the board then submit to district for reimbursement.
- After money in district’s account is used, forms will be submitted to our treasurer to reimburse from our own account
- Account was set up yesterday with President, Treasurer and Secretary as signers.
- All expenses must be approved by majority vote of the board before reimbursement
- I move to add an Amendment to the Bylaws as follows: “Email voting will be allowed. Vote will pass if more than 50% of council vote by email in favor.” (at this time 50% of the board is 8 or more members)
- Jakub seconded motion. Motion passed Unanimously.
Discussion ensued about Quorum and in person voting. Board agreed that:
“A Quorum will be 8 or more members of the Board of Directors. For in-person voting, a majority vote of those present constitutes a passing vote.”
Austina: Will we approve each expenditure or will we vote on a budget for some items like copies that we will use without getting individual approval?
- I move that a $200 budget be approved for copies. After the $200 is reached, the board must vote on new copy expenditures.
- Angie Y seconded the motion. Motion passed Unanimously.
- I move to approve all pending expenses.
- Laurie seconded the motion. Motion passed Unanimously.
- Those with pending expenses should email the description and amount to Jakub.
- I move to Amend the Bylaws as follows: All financial expenditures require a vote of the Board for approval.
- Helen seconded. Motion passed Unanimously.
Austina: Please attend the October 24th HiCap info night. The more board members who attend the better.